A resource for support and education.
The Parkinson Foundation of the National Capital Area (PFNCA) is an independent local organization serving the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. PFNCA exists to assist those affected by Parkinson's disease by providing resources, information and support, including:
- An extensive network of support groups for patients and caregivers.
- Educational materials, symposia and informational meetings.
- Efforts to raise awareness within our community about Parkinson's disease.
- Weekly therapeutic exercise and dance programs in Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia.
- The Foundation's quarterly newsletter, Parkinson Update, which features articles on new treatments, coping with the disease, and promising research advances.
PFNCA is an independently incorporated nonprofit organization. All contributions received are tax deductible under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.